Monday, May 24, 2010

Fort St. John weekend

Driving over the 90 km/h speed limit between Fort St. John and Chetwynd through Hudson's Hope would be cheating yourself. The mighty Peace River accompanied me nearly all the way back to Chetwynd through the gorgeous valley framed by mountains and studded with lakes after a weekend of phenomenal food, excess adult beverages and friends old and new.

A uni roommate housed me, her parents once again opened their house and set their kitchen table for me and former co-workers with some delightful additions organized all-you-can-eat sushi and fondue meals.

While living in Fort St. John again for any length of time appeals to be like a hole in the head, I was glad to be back there among part of my extended forestry family partly for a good time but mostly for the people I happily and quickly call friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment